Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My first sewing project...

(I have finished the below mentioned pieces, but I'm not posting about them yet...I want to do these in order :P)

This was my first sewing project. I'd seen the patchwork dresses on craftsters.org and really wanted to try one. I admit to cheating a bit on the fabrics..I bought a pre-made pack for the colors, and then added the solid broadcloth pieces of brown and blue myself. Yes, a bit of a cheat, but who cares *G* This dress is for my K, she'll get it on Christmas, even though it's a wee bit big on her still (her sister will wear it, I'm sure *lol*). The dress is cotton and broadcloth for the patchwork, muslin for the lining (cheap and soft...my favs :P)






1 comments:

Alien Citizen said...

This is so gorgeous! I have to try making a patchwork dress for my little one now. :-)